Wednesday, February 19, 2014



Artist

Madhvi Dhanak

Born and brought up in Bahrain, Madhvi finished her studies and her love for fine arts drove her to complete her Masters in Fine Arts from ICS, Scranton, in the year 1997.
Inspired by Nature, She has a keen eye for details and she explores her deep passion and reflects her inner beauty on canvas. She started painting at an early age with conventional mediums such as Oil colours, Watercolours, Pen and Ink, Charcoal, Pastels, Acrylics, Fabric paints etc. She is currently exploring watercolours and her work involves florals, still life, landscapes and portraits. As a thorough nature enthusiast, her artworks depict her love for the Beauty around. She uses fine lines and curves which make her work more interesting and graceful.
 
She expresses her love and passion for Art in drawing, painting, teaching Art and continuing to learn and exploring this beautiful art of hers.
 

Artist Statement

I am a fine artist and love to portray fine details, with beautiful combinations of colour, my work glorifies nature. I feel everything around me is bursting with beauty, energy and dynamism. I simply love to capture life. My favourite topics are floral, landscape, seascapes and portraits.
 
Mediums
 
I have worked with a number of mediums, though I started with Oil colours, then explored Acrylics, love pastels and for the past two years have been exploring this wonderful medium called watercolours. I find watercolours very exciting, love the transparency it creates. 
 

Teaching

Through numerous demonstrations in different mediums, classes and workshops, I have been able to share my work and experience with others: artist’s groups, schools, state fairs, community organizations.. and, it is always a delight for me, and, I hope, for those I teach as well.
 

My Goal

My desire is just to be with those beautiful colours, colours inspire me, enlighten my soul. Also to portray my imagination and curiosity on to my work… Always explore and learn more...

 

 


5 comments:

'Beyond all Bondages' Acrylic on canvas